Monday, December 4, 2006

Day 1

Well I got the 10 dollars as planned and started grinding it out. I played a 5 dollar sit and go right off the bat haha (bad idea) and lost 5. Then I entered a turbo horse 2 table tournament and put the other 4 dollars in a 5/10 cent cash game table. I came 3rd in the horse tournament, I am pretty sure people had no idea how to play half the games, then it was confirmed after I took down a huge pot in Razz and a guy said "oops wrong game"... yes I still didnt win haha. So I was back up to 10 playing 2 tables of 5/10 cent with 5 on each. After about a hour or so I was up to 10 on one and down to 2 on the other so I stuck to the one table for the rest of the night.


3 key hands gave me a good win for the night, and instead of typing them, I found this website that animates hand historys that alot of people know about, so it will be easier to watch. It doesnt show bets less then a dollar so you kinda gotta guess sometimes. I dropped down when I flopped a set against a set of aces, and pretty much was up to about 20 for about 2 hours, which isnt bad , 4 times my buy in. After sitting at 20 for that time this hand came up. I raised 6 times the blind to just take the 6 limpers money, figuring no one will call... but when they call called I was choked until I flopped the nuts flush.

Flush

So after that hand I was sitting on 30... which isnt alot but considering the blinds thats a pretty big win for 5/10 cent haha. About 20 minutes later this hand came up. If I am playing better players I never limp under the gun with small pairs, but the implied odds of flopping a set on these type of players is just so good, as this hand sums up. I flop a set of 6s and bet it, and this rock, who never ever raised without pretty much the nuts just pushed. This guy could flat call with top 2 pair, and when he had better would only min raise so I was sure I was dead... not sure why I called but it didnt make sense.

Set


So that put me up to about 40 or so, and I am thinking I should quit but go on to win a few more hands, and ran a big bluff against a guy when I called his bet on the flop with 8 high to raise him all in when the flush card came. About a half hour later I get those 6s again and the 2nd biggest stack at the table raises...

Set 2

Pretty much as soon as he over bet the pot I knew he didnt have a set of 10s and I had him. After that hand I called it a night, and was sitting around 64 dollars from the original 10, thats...6.4 % there! Haha Ill keep ya posted...

No comments: